Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Aussie for an hour

Australia fascinates me although I've never set foot in that country. Why am I interested in the land down under? It's because my favorite band vocalist was Australian - Michael Hutchence, probably the sexiest man alive while he was living. Haha! Michael was the vocalist of the rock band INXS which was popular in the '80s. He lived a fulfilled, colorful rockstar life but he stunned the music world when, in 1997, he took his own life at the age of 37. I've finished reading two books about the life of Michael Hutchence, and stories about his childhood in Australia enchant me the most. 
Before Christmas 2012, while malling at SM North Edsa with my second child, we stumbled upon Kangaroo Jack and I learned when I read the menu that it's an Aussie restaurant. I scanned the items and thought, "So these are what Australians eat. These were what Michael ate." Haha! After much contemplation, these were what my daughter and I ordered:

Pasta, Clubhouse and Soup Combo Meal, P135.

Creamy mushroom soup (came with my meal).

Mini Burger, Chicken and Pasta Combo Meal, P125.

The mini burger was so cute I had to take a closer shot.

Cafe Americano, P35.

Iced Tea, P35.

Strawberry ice cream, P50. per scoop.

I loved everything on our table. Haha! My carbonara, fries, and clubhouse sandwich were tasty and satisfying. The soup was good too. My only complaint was that my bowl was only half-filled. :( Also, I wished they didn't put chocolate syrup on my ice cream because it made it way too sweet. My daughter loved her food, too. At one point, I noticed she was almost done with everything but her mini burger was still untouched. "Saving the best for last, huh!" I commented. "Yeah," she agreed with a smile. She was as enthralled as I was with the cuteness of the teeny weeny burger. Hehe. What made me happier, though, were the affordable prices at Kangaroo Jack. I definitely want to go back here to try their steaks and experience Aussie dining once more. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment