Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Afternoon delight

When Panciteria Lido opened a branch in our office neighborhood on Visayas Ave. in Quezon City last year (as I remember, I hope I'm right), I was pleased. A new food place to go to when I get tired of canteen food, I thought. However, it took me so long before I finally set foot inside it. Last November 30, as it was a holiday, I brought my youngest son with me to work (we in the news room don't have a holiday. Hehe!) and come merienda time, we went to Panciteria Lido. It was my first time ever at any branch of this Chinese restaurant which first opened its doors to the hungry in 1936. I know that it is famous for its Pugon-Roasted Asado so this, I ordered, tucked inside a pandesal, and paired with a cup of their Siphon-Brewed Coffee. I wanted to try their pansit, too, but since I ate creamy macaroni soup cooked by a co-worker (In our office, we are provided with lunch, snacks and dinner during holidays) just before my son and I headed out, I settled for just pandesal and coffee. And I was not disappointed about this best-seller of Panciteria Lido. Both the Pandesal Asado and Siphon-Brewed Coffee brought me to gastronomic heaven on that sunny afternoon. The pieces of Asado, which taste quite close to Chinese ham, were tender and tasty, with just the right tinge of saltiness and a bit of sweetness when you pour some of its sauce into it. And my coffee? It was so good! I knew at first sip that this cup of joe is worth coming back for. Meanwhile, my son also loved the Breakfast Chinese Longanisa (which is served all day long) so much that at first bite of the sausage, he proclaimed that he wanted to come back here soon. Haha! I definitely recommend this restaurant for your merienda cena and family gatherings. They do offer, aside from Pugon-Roasted Asado, Beef Broccoli, Drunken Lechon Macau (this I want to try!), Buttered Chicken and a lot more! And before I forget mentioning, service is good, too, at least in this 
branch on Visayas Ave.


Kape at Pandesal Asado, P125.
Breakfast Chinese Longanisa, P155.

Siphon-brewed coffee.



Iced Tea, P35.


No comments:

Post a Comment