Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pesto-rrific!

Creamy chicken spaghetti (Dec. 24, 2011)
Penne with spicy meat sauce
(March 25, 2012)










I've long planned to try making pesto but was never able to do it. Pesto is on top on my list of pasta favorites and it's quite ironic that I've never gotten around to actually making it. Over the years, I've tried many pasta recipes and modesty aside, my friends and kids loved most of them. Yesterday, my daughter beat me to making pesto. And was I impressed! She made not just good pesto, it was a near-perfect pesto! The basil leaves' flavor was not too intense, but worked to a nice balance of taste with the nuts and other spices.  My daughter might as well give some restaurants a run for their money with her pesto! One pizza-pasta restaurant that, for me, serves good pesto is a Veneto Pizzeria Ristorante, which has a branch a stone's throw away from our office in QC. And my daughter's version of pesto comes close to what it serves.  Attagirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment