Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

A little doggie chat

My daughter holding Odie, "The Snob"
Today, as I went about my usual task of buying my office food, I had quite a nice chat with a stranger, a woman who was carrying in her arms a cute mini pinscher donned in a nice ruffled satin dress. I was walking ahead of her on my favorite "forest trail" (it's a road path underneath huge, awesome trees) on my way back to our office and even if I could already feel hunger pangs as it was already past lunchtime, I could not resist the urge to wait for her and so I did, and promptly started a conversation. I learned that her dog's name was Tinky and that it was one year and three months old. I told the woman that I too, am "mom" to two rambunctious mini pins plus a four-month-old doberman (I failed to mention about our german shepherd). As it was obvious that she had her doggie's ears docked, I asked her where she had it done. I mentioned that hubby and I are currently scouting for a vet who performs ear-docking for our Kimchi, the dobe. I also told her about my Tiger Lily's rat poison accident but that she still managed to give birth to our beloved cutie, Odie, who is dubbed the "The Snob". I got to pet Tinky and then after a few minutes, it was time to end the exchange of pleasantries. I continued my walk to the office, and then it was lunch by the computer. I found out that the "palabok" I had bought was "ho-hum" but the conversation I just had with the stranger kept my mood buoyed up. How nice, it is, indeed to exchange smiles and have a chat with someone who shares my passion. It makes me think about my doggie kids at home and how they jump oh-so-excitedly at the sight of me entering our home after a day's work. I treasure the feeling of cuddling my Tiger Lily as I rest on the sofa while watching my favorite telenovelas and now I'm counting the hours to do just that. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment