Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Drool-worthy halo-halo and more at Razon's of Guagua

I know, I know.. Manila just chills these days, at times even on a sunny afternoon. Even then, it's no reason not to have halo-halo, specially if it's from Razon's of Guagua. Oh my, my heart melts just thinking of this heavenly cool dessert, which might as well be THE best halo-halo I could ever have in my lifetime. I know that sounds uber cheesy but really, that's how much I love Razon's halo-halo. Never mind that it has only three "halo" (ingredients) - macapuno, sweetened cardava banana (saba) and leche flan. It's the very finely shaved ice and lots (really lots) of milk that make all the difference.  It's smooth and very creamy, almost like ice cream! If you haven't tasted Razon's halo-halo, better do and prove me right in saying that it's heavenly and unforgettable.
Anyway, it's not only halo-halo that you can enjoy at this Pampanga-originated restaurant. There's of course the Kapampangan specialty pork sisig and all-day breakfast fares "tapsilog" ang "tocilog", plus the well-loved pancit luglug that's perfect for merienda cena. At least these are what I've tried at Razon's together with different companions on two occasions recently - one time at Robinson's Magnolia and another at SM San Lazaro. 
These were what we had: 

Halo-Halo, P100.
Pancit Luglug, P95.
Tapsilog, P148.
Sisig with rice, P165.
Tocilog, P140.


Razon's of Guagua at Robinson's Magnolia

I love Razon's and have added it to my list list of go-to places for Pinoy comfort food and of course, halo-halo. Truth be told, I'm not fond of eating this iced dessert and in fact, I rarely eat it and never get to finish a glass (I don't remember, the least to say). But halo-halo at Razon's is irresistible to me and the only one I would crave for. Even if you compare it with the versions of other restaurants that boast of a dozen "halo", Razon's is still the standout for me. My two sisters who went vacationing here in the Philippines from the US and Canada three years ago also went agog over this halo-halo. Well, can't blame 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment