Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Finally, Conti's

I shrieked with delight when I saw that Conti's had opened a store nearer our place, at the relatively new mall that's also very lovely and spacious - Robinson's Magnolia. I saw it last week when we had coffee at Azucar Boulangerie and Patisserie outside Robinson's. The following day, I was there with my daughter. Hey, I don't like wasting time. Haha! It was actually my first time dining in at Conti's because we'd (my daughter actually) just been buying cheesecakes there, at the Trinoma branch, which is quite far from home. Was I glad to finally eat at Conti's 
and at a very new store at that. 
The place has a classy feel. The interior is simple and clean but with an air of subdued elegance. I particularly liked the wall with a lighted display of plates. Behind that wall, however, is a spectacular sight - the display of cakes. Haha! But no matter how beautiful the restaurant's interior is, it's the food that's the star at Conti's. 
Here's what we had:

Oreo Cheesecake, P90. per slice
Chicken Salad Sandwich, P130.

Garlic Sotanghon, P95.
Russian Potato Salad, P130.


Brewed coffee, P60.








Inside Conti's in Robinson's Magnolia

We loved our orders. My daughter was happy that her chicken sandwich was thick with the filling that it oozed out every time she took a bite. I, too, was delighted with my garlic sotanghon, which,. may I just share - is one of my most favorite merienda fares in our office canteen. I order it every time it's available. Don't ask me which has the better version, though, 'coz it's hard to decide whether it's my dependable canteen or Conti's. I'd be happy in both places as far as Garlic Sotanghon is concerned. Hehe..Meanwhile, there's the colorful and lovely-as-a-bouquet Russian Salad, which was good, though I like the simpler potato salad more. What's the difference? The beet chunks, which give the Russian salad it's nice pink hue. The true winner here, however, is the Oreo Cheesecake. Surely, it's a hands-down decision. Still, I was happy to have brewed coffee to end an almost perfect late afternoon meal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment