Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

I.I.B.B.'s 'bulalo' to remember

I love bulalo (that irresistible soupy dish made out of boiling beef bone marrow or pata or pork leg).  What Pinoy doesn't? Especially on a rainy day when it's cold, a steaming bowl of bulalo best offers warmth and comfort. But there was a whole week last month when I wanted bulalo for a different reason apart from the weather. I was having so much trouble because of a bad tooth and had difficult time chewing food. If I wasn't having lugaw (congee), I'd look for bulalo so I could soften my rice with the soup and just swallow without having to chew. 
One Saturday just before finally being able to go to the dentist, I, in the company of two of my kids, dropped by this eatery near the UDMC hospital in Welcome (Mabuhay?) Rotunda, that I had been curious about for years. Posted above the entrance was four letters: I.I. B.B. It was only when we got inside that I learned what it meant: Ihaw-Ihaw, Balot-Balot. Hmm.. interesting..barbecue and eating on banana leaves on my mind. I read the menu and almost shrieked in delight. Bulalo! Just what I hoped for! I've forgotten if they had beef bulalo but it was pata bulalo that I ordered. My son had chicken barbecue that was served with rice, boiled egg and tomato, all wrapped in banana leaves. My daughter settled just for pizza roll, which was something new to us. All that we ordered tasted good, especially my bulalo. It was the best bulalo I've ever had! The soup was very hot and sooo flavorful! Made me wonder how many hours the pata had been left to boil to make the soup very savory. Plus, there's a lot of veggies! Definitely worth daydreaming about. Haha! 

Pata Bulalo, P110.
Chicken barbecue binalot, P79.
Pizza Roll, P39.
Sago't Gulaman, P30.
Buko Juice, P35.
Inside I.I.B.B.




Check out this I.I.B.B. They serve Filipino dishes like dinuguan, fried crablets, sisig,  tapsilog and many more. All at pocket-friendly prices that allow having a feast. :-) 





No comments:

Post a Comment