Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Letdown lunch

I hadn't been going to Goldilocks except to buy cake and tarts a few times over the last couple of years. Lately, I'd been wanting to go for a sit-down meal, especially since I had been seeing their posters on new menu items. One day last summer, the opportunity presented itself. With two kids in tow, I was at Goldilocks inside Crossings Mall on Quezon Ave. in QC. My excitement, however, was doused with cold water once our orders came. Food was served on disposable dishware. Call me maarte but I'm not so happy eating using disposable utensils. It depends, however, on the situation, as some occasions necessitate it. For instance, eating Styrofoam-packed food is perfectly okay with me while taking part in a tree-planting activity. And yes, I'm used to eating on Styrofoam at Jollibee (most branches, thankfully, already use melamine dishes these days). But I was expecting more from Goldilocks. I looked forward to better food presentation that would look really good in pictures, at least using melamine plates. But oh well, I couldn't fret too long as I had to eat. The kids and I were ravenous as it was way past lunchtime so we started eating. And then..another disappointment..my Arroz ala Cubana was swimming...almost drowning, in oil! My son, on the other hand, whose order was Baked Lasagna, was also not so happy. The daughter, thankfully, didn't share our trouble. Hehe. She said her Breaded Porkchop was okay, same with her Veggie Kare-Kare, except for the bagoong, which wasn't so good..
Have a peek at our orders:

Arroz ala Cubana

Baked Lasagna

Breaded Porkchop

Veggie Kare-Kare

A slice of Cathedral Window

The counter at Goldilocks-Crossings Mall


Goldilocks has been around for many years (starting in 1966). Though it isn't a foodie place that I frequent, I still hold it in high regard  for its success and stability as a business. Consider this: almost 200 stores nationwide and a few in the US and the Middle East. I hope my wish isn't too big to grant for Goldilocks: that they start using stoneware or even melamine plates soon. Also, that they hold some back cooking oil when making Arroz ala Cubana. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I actually love their cakes, i love their palabok and puto however, the coffee is the one that i didn't like since i'm a coffee lover.

    Hopefully they'll improve it so they can improve goers to their stores :)

    PS:
    You might get lost, this is my blog: https://stevevhan.blogspot.com, it's my first visit here and i would be glad if we continue our conversation. :)

    ReplyDelete