Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

The 'house' you'd want to go visit

I'd been curious about The House of Mantou ever since it opened on Quezon Ave. near Banawe in 2011. It's on my route going to work, that's why I've seen it everyday and witnessed how its patronage has grown over the two years of its existence. Although it took me so long to finally visit this foodie place, I'm glad I did last Saturday together with my eldest and youngest kids. This Chinese restaurant offers good food at fairly reasonable prices. Well, okay..some menu items are a bit expensive but the flavors and huge servings make up for it. 
Consider these:

Beef Brisket Noodles, P128. 

Pork Siomai, P78.


Chicken Teriyaki, P118.

I thought this was really cute -- heart-shaped rice. :-).

Lechon Kawali Rice, P118.


Black Gulaman, P48.
Triple Berry Shake, P148.






The House of Mantou on Quezon Avenue in Quezon City


The first thing that impressed me when our orders were served was how huge the servings were. My Beef Brisket Noodles could easily feed two persons! I was only able to finish half of it and took home the rest. My son finished his rice but left about half of his Chicken Teriyaki. My daughter munched on her Lechon Kawali slices after she ate all her rice. I tried my kids' food and drinks. Yummy, everything!  I liked that the lechon kawali didn't have a lot of fat and though fried to a golden crisp, it wasn't oily. The chicken teriyaki was a tad too sweet for me but still, I liked it. I finished it for my son. Hehe. Meanwhile, I was all praises for my beef noodles - very flavorful, with a lot (I repeat, a LOT!) of tender beef chunks. 
My only complaints were that it was quite hot inside The House of Mantou and the space was cramped such that the tables were too close to each other. As to the service, it was efficient and quite friendly. All in all, I had a good dining experience at The House of Mantou. I intend to go back whenever I can to try their mantou (It's Chinese steamed bun/bread, by the way.) and Tamarind Iced Tea. Probably their brewed coffee, too. :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment