Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

The day I fell in love with a sandwich

At first, nothing was so special about this Saturday. I did the usual chores around the house, ran the usual errands. But come merienda time, everything suddenly turned rosy. And that was when I took my first bite of the Premiere Clubhouse sandwich at Cafe France. Hahaha! Sorry for waxing romantic. I really just fell in love with my sandwich -- with its soft wheat bread that well, sandwiched bacon and egg at the top and a thick slice of great-tasting ham, tomato and lettuce at the bottom. I know I like almost everything that I eat (Hehe) but believe me, I sooo loved my sandwich that I couldn't prevent the "uhmmm!" and "sarap!" from coming out of my 
full mouth. Haha!. 
By the way, my order was half a sandwich that came with pumpkin soup and a glass of soda. The soup was very delish, too! Really, my afternoon snack would have been perfect had I paired it with a nice cup of brewed coffee. Truth was I was tempted to do just that but my daughter and I were in such a hurry as we were about to attend the 6 p.m. church service and before that buy a Bible at a Christian bookstore on Taft Ave. and it was already around 5:10 when we entered Cafe France on UN Ave. in Manila. You know very well, a cup of coffee is best sipped slowly rather than downed in a few large gulps. Hehe. Anyway, my daughter had Tuna Onion sandwich and the same soup as I had plus soda. Also, we had Bacon and Potato Salad, which, was not so good, just okay.

Half a Premiere Clubhouse sandwich with Pumpkin Soup and a glass of soda, P159.

See how thick the ham is? Yummy!

Tuna Onion sandwich with Pumpkin Soup and a glass of soda, P159.

Now that's a fully-loaded sandwich!
Potato and Bacon Salad, P60.

Rootbeer and Sprite


                        The lady and her sandwich by the window. That's my daughter.

Love this painting of a French street scene.

                      Inside Cafe France at the corner of UN Ave. and Ma. Orosa St. in Manila. 

I'll be back here soon, I promise. Hehe. There's a lot of other things I'd like to try in this cafe --             other sandwiches, pastries, pasta and rice meals. And yes..coffee!
Cafe France has branches at SM Makati, Roosebelt, St. Luke's Hospital, The Podium, SM Mall of Asia, Greenhills and Robinson's Place-Manila, just to name a few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment