Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Me - brekkie girl

Wheat pandesal, kesong puti and itlog na maalat

Daing, fried rice and fried egg

Arroz caldo

Longganisang Lucban, fried rice and fried egg

Corned beef, rice, scrambled egg

Tuyo, fried rice, sunny side up egg
Of all the meals I get to eat in a day (we Filipinos have at least 4 meals a day, right?), breakfast has got to be the most important. I never leave the house without having had breakfast unless I expect to be served it where I'm heading. It's the one meal I want to have peacefully, unhurriedly and preferably in our small garden where it's cool and where I have the company of plants and trees and on lucky days, butterflies. Well, what better way to start the day than with a nice, huge brekkie while enjoying nature, right? And what's my favorite breakfast, you might ask? It's tuyosilog - tuyo (dried fish), sinangag (fried rice) at itlog (fried egg). Daing (another type of dried fish) can take the place of tuyo but the latter is my ultimate favorite. I'm not very fond of American breakfast fares because in our household, processed meat is not eaten regularly for health reasons. Can you please share with me what your favorite breakfast is? I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lori! My favorite breakfast is champorado with fried dilis. I love it whether it's a cold or hot morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love champorado too but with tuyo on the side. :-)

      Delete