Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dinner at Lola Idang's


Lola Idang's on Visayas Ave., Q.C.


Interiors

Pancit Malabon
Tapsilog (above); Lechon kawali with rice (below, left); Iced tea and Calamansi juice (below, right)


Pancit sa bilao sizes
 
They also sell foodstuff like bottled laing, sweets and puto. The latter is so good, the perfect partner for dinuguan and pancit!
I celebrated last month my 8th year in my present job. Our agency holds office on Visayas Ave. in Quezon City so I could say that this stretch of road has been my second home for the last 8 years. During this period, I, my officemates and my kids - who I tag along to work every now and then - have tried various restaurants on Visayas Ave. and one of them has become one of our favorites - Lola Idang's. This restaurant serves really good Filipino food and among their offerings are Kare-Kare, Lechon Kawali, and Dinuguan. However, their specialty is Pancit Malabon, which, I can honestly say, is the best in town! It's perfectly seasoned, and with the right texture and moisture (pancit malabon in other restaurants tend to be dry). And that food in Lola Idang's is reasonably priced is a plus, plus, plus! Yesterday, my teenage daughter AJ came with me again to the office after I mentioned that I wanted to eat at Lola Idang's and so there we proceeded for dinner after work. After much contemplation (it was hard to decide what to eat because of the many yummy choices..teehee..and we were torn between our old favorites and the others we have yet to try), we ordered Tapsilog (P65), Lechon Kawali with rice (P75) and a plate of Pancit Malabon (P65). For drinks, we asked for Iced Tea (P20) for AJ and Calamansi Juice (P25) for me. After finishing our rice meals, we laughed at ourselves for having Pancit Malabon for dessert. Haha! To say that we were full was an understatement. What a lovely dinner we had, capped with a good cup of coffee minutes later at Mr. Donut in Trinoma mall. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment